Do you love to be around people who have high energy? Are you highly motivated? Do you have self-drive? Are you eager to learn and grow your career in HR & Billing? Do you want to work for a company that is having unprecedented growth?
Well, then, TalEx is just the place for you!
TalEx is looking for a high-energy, highly motivated hybrid Payroll & Billing Specialist/ HR Generalist who will join our growing company!
This position is instrumental in driving operational efficiencies across all of our lines of business. We are a small firm that has made a large imprint in a short of amount of time; and, right now, there’s a great opportunity for a driven individual to come in and grow your career, the same way we have grown the company!
So just what is our growth rate?
2015 – 2016 : over 1,200% growth YOY
2016 – 2017: anticipated over 400% growth YOY
If you are an articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail, love people, understand numbers and have the drive and determination to be the best, apply now!
The Payroll/billing/human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting US & Canadian Payroll. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Preparing and processing payroll on a weekly basis
- Completes new hire onboarding paperwork with new employees
- Sends out login credentials for billing system and time tracking system
- Updates weekly trackers with new hire data
- Adds new hires into applicant tracking system
- Adds new employees into payroll processing system
- Completes new hire folder and ensures compliance of I-9 and all other benefits related paperwork
- Completes international/Canadian onboarding for new hires
- Sends training modules to international contractors
- Ensures final timesheet has been submitted and completes off-boarding paperwork
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, databases, and pivot tables
- Working knowledge of Powerpoint charting and graphing
- Working knowledge of Google Docs (preferred)
- Begins to see relationships among and across core lines of business
- Assists in researching financial and economic trends and developing short-term forecasts.
- Able to communicate and facilitate understanding of moderately complex aspects of job.
- Assists in developing project activity cost estimates and risk analysis for various lines of business from an HR perspective.
- Tracks, reports and analyzes assigned area activities within the team.
- Maintains labor cost database for project estimating, pricing, and cost analysis.
- Supports staff in all expense and headcount budgeting activities.
- Reconcile client invoices and perform billing procedures in a timely manner on a weekly basis
- Provide Audit Support
- Manage accounts receivables and collections from clients
- Prepare special reports for management as necessary
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR, or Accounting
- Minimum 1- 3 years of experience as a payroll specialist/HR generalist
- Proficiency with Google Docs
- Advanced Excel experience
- Exceptional quantitative & analytical skills, reliability, taking initiative, strong work ethic and great communication skills.
- Excellent Health Benefits with generous paid vacation plan
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Focus on work/life balance
- Opportunity to interact with Fortune 100 companies in the D.C. Metro area
- Opportunity for steady growth YOY
- Competitive salary with participation in monthly bonus plan after 6 months of employment with targets met.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.